Target Dollar Spot Pocket Charts, Colorful Bins, & Fun Stuff (Summer 2016)

Hello, my name is Heather, and I am addicted to buying tons and tons and tons of school related stuff.  It is true.  Consider yourself warned.

I missed the boat a couple of years ago when Target had mini pocket charts in their Dollar Spot.  Guess what?  They're back, AND they have aqua and lime green...two of the three main colors I use as a classroom color scheme!  I plan on using these to post my "write the room" cards.


Here are the pocket charts out of the package with a ruler for a size guide.
I picked these up yesterday at the Target off 164th in Vancouver, WA.   I am not ashamed to say...I wiped them out of lime and aqua charts.  However, there is a silver lining to my hoggish behavior.  The two other Targets in town were switching over their Dollar Spot area as of yesterday morning.  I know because I hit all three stores in search of more of the awesome colored bins shown below, which happen to match my small group colors perfectly!



While I was at Target #3, I spotted these adorable wooden pencil banners.  I want to use my Cricut to create vinyl letters that spell W-R-I-T-I-N-G (one letter per pencil) for my classroom writing area!  I will be sure to post a picture once I actually figure out how to use my Cricut.  It was a Mother's Day gift that has not been out of the box yet.



The clipboard pictured with the pencil banners is going to be my new "This belongs to..." spot in the classroom.  Of course, this is the spot where work without names will go to be claimed.



Unfortunately, I was only able to find two of these heavy duty dry erase pockets.  I loooooooove these for center work.  I think they hold up better than plastic page protectors, and I cannot wait to get my hands on more of them.  I would really love to have a double classroom set of these babies!

That's it for my Dollar Spot haul.  I hope they add more school-related goodies as back to school season approaches!

1 comment:

  1. So, I have to tell you that I just used the Pythagorean Theorem with your picture of the pencils on your cutting board! I left my banner at school, and want to cut letters tonight... so I cleared the cobwebs out of my brain and miraculously remembered how to measure the hypotenuse of a right triangle! Thank you for posting the picture on your paper cutter!

    ReplyDelete