Grad School Chronicles: Week 18

Week 18 tells me the end is near.  The school year is winding down, and all of the chaos that I am typically in charge of as the classroom teacher has a new twist for me this school year.  I am merely an observer.  As odd as it sounds, it is much more stressful for me to sit back and observe!  (What is wrong with me?  That is a sick and twisted character trait!  Sigh.)  As much as I try to chip in and offer a helping hand, the reality of this classroom not being my own is strikingly clear.  It is too layered to decode it all in a blog post...so I will leave it be.  Thank goodness for Trader Joe's and their endless supply of Picton Bay Sauvignon Blanc (my all time fave)!  Double thank goodness for my sweet husband who was brilliant enough to add an extra bottle (or two) to our shopping cart this week.  *CHEERS*



Thoughts for the week...
I miss having my own classroom.  It is challenging for me to sit back and participate on the side.  This practicum experience has been positive, but it is unlike me to be a backseat driver.  I like to think the state of disequilibrium I seem to be residing in at the moment is helping me grow as a professional.

Once this is all said and done, I am going to go back through each and every blog post and count how many times I have mentioned missing my own room.  The culture I create, the hands-on activities I implement to engage children, the way I go WAY out of my way to create activities and lessons that are specific to the needs of the students in my class...I miss it all.  I am not trying to rush through life, but I am very ready for graduation in December.  At that point, I will be able to move forward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment