Grad School Chronicles: Week 10

Ten weeks down...and counting! 


I will tell you up front, Pi Day was the highlight of my week.  I am not kidding.  Not at all.  {See image below and cue the seductive music.}


Ooooo...ahhhhhhh!  Gluten free & vegan chocolate coconut cream pie!
One of my amazing classmates stopped by one of Portland's best gluten free / vegan bakeries to pick up this little gem for us to share during math class on Pi Day (March 14).  Oh.  My.  Goodness. Gracious!  It was, and I kid you not when I say this, the best chocolate pie I have ever consumed in my entire life.  Thank goodness for friends who care and share!


Knowing what you now know about my love for chocolate pie, it probably will not surprise you to hear that I hauled my fanny into Weight Watchers yesterday to re-spark my health plan.  What a way to start spring break, eh?  Yep, it was time.  I am officially 7.6 pounds over my goal weight.  I have a feeling the item that is pictured above contributed a tiny bit.  However, I know there is much more to it than that.  A lot has changed in my life since September.  From cancer to grad school...I somehow made it through with only 7.6 extra friends in tow.  In 2002, I lost 80 pounds, and for the most part, I have kept that off over the years.  That might shine some light on the reason it annoys me to no end when I see the scale creep up a bit.  Here's to getting back to a healthier place in life....pie and all!  :)


What are my thoughts for the week?
  1. TGISB!!! (Thank God it's spring break!!!)
  2. There is an awful lot going on in my brain this week.  It's nothing I feel comfortable sharing on the interwebs, but it does help me to have an opportunity to blog positive thoughts about Pi Day to my fellow teaching colleagues! 
  3. For all of the negatives in the world reading and waiting to tear me down, there are positives willing to feed me delicious pie!
  4. Today is cut and color day at the hair salon...YAY!
  5. I am pretty sure grad school + being the mother of two teens = a need for extra strong hair color.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment