Grad School Chronicles: Week 4

Week 4 was epiphany week for me.  I realized and came to terms with my limitations; one of those being how many items I can physically drag between Vancouver and Portland each day.  I did myself (and my back) a giant favor by purchasing a rolling cart to haul all of my materials.  It's pretty snazzy, and I love the cover!  I picked it up on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1T4ecnl




What are my thoughts for the week?
I had to let a lot of things go this week.  From A-Z, I let it all go.  Much of this has to do with no longer being able to do my own thing when it comes to quite a bit of my class work.  The program I attend heavily focuses on collaborative work, which usually ends up calling for quite a bunch of presentations.  Part of this style of education is somewhat liberating because we are able to jigsaw our work.  The flip side of this style causes me to feel exhausted due to the sheer amount of communication that must take place in order to make it all work well.

The great news is...I am a full month into this program.  Only 10 more to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment