Daily 5 Conference in Tacoma, WA

Well, I did it.  I took the plunge and signed up for the Daily 5 conference in Tacoma!  It takes place August 6, which just happens to be the first weekend of summer break.  {Talk about perfect timing, eh?}

Cons:
  • I am officially $445.00 in the hole between conference and motel room fees.  My poor little credit card is on FIRE!
  • It freaks me out to stay in a motel room alone.
  • I will most likely not know anyone there - no one to chat with throughout the day.

Pros:
  • Ummm, I get to go see The Sisters LIVE!
  • I will be gathering their awesome information first-hand!
  • I will re-enter my teaching career with solid strategies that work well for teachers and students!
  • I get a night away from home -- Amen to mini vacations!
  • Perhaps I will make a few new friends and meet new colleagues.
  • I have never been to Tacoma...it might be fun!
  • Free breakfast bar during the conference registration process!

Clearly, the Pros outweigh the Cons.  I am beyond excited, and I will be sure to give a little update once it is all said and done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment