Grad School Chronicles: Week 3

Week 3 of graduate school has come and gone.  Early in the week, I received a greeting card in the mail from one of my very best friends from Cincinnati.  I enjoyed my lunch and read encouraging words regarding my new life journey.  She knows I am flat broke now that tuition bills have started to flood my mailbox, so she stuffed a Starbucks gift card inside before mailing it.  :)

Week 3 reminded me that I am not in this alone.  I have peeps all over the country supporting me, applauding me, and cheering for me!  With that being said, I hope to gain new friends in the field of education while attending grad school.

Lunch {leftover pork stew} with greetings from Kermit and Miss Piggy.  Bliss!
What are my thoughts for the week?
I really, really miss being in the classroom.  Perhaps the full time program was not the best fit for me.  I was so much happier attending the part time program at another university, even though it was not a degree I truly wanted.  Thank goodness student teaching starts in early May.  I miss my "littles" and the joy they bring into my life.  

The reality of no longer being employed truly hit me this week -- in multiple aspects.  I need to remind myself that I will A) obtain a higher paying position once this is said and done, and B) I will be able to teach a much broader range of ages/grades with this degree in hand.  This will be worth it in the long run.  I know it will.  I simply need to keep reminding myself of this as I battle overwhelming feelings of edTPA-based fear.

It is still really early in the game, but I am ready to begin making prison-style tally marks on my office wall as each week passes.  I do not believe I feel the need to do so out of negativity toward the program, though.  I am a planner, and I tend to feel a bit lost if I do not have a visual in front of me.  My goal for this coming week is to create that visual so I can settle into my new life as a full time student.  Check in next week to see if I followed through with that thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment