GROOVY CAT Monthly Self Portrait & Handwriting Assessment Recording Sheets

Thanks for your interest in my no prep Groovy Cat Monthly Name Writing & Self Portrait Recording Sheets. There are 42 printable pages and three formats to choose from (ruled lines, open space lines, and independent date writing). With no year stamp on the pages, this is a packet that can be used year after year. Personally, I can't WAIT to begin using these Groovy Cat recording sheets!  My students LOVE one particular groovy cat, and I just know they will love writing and drawing with him.  :)

Click to preview and purchase this groovy packet!
Students will write their name on the lines and create a self portrait in the picture frame or box. In some cases, you may choose for students to fill in the date, and the last few pages of this packet provides an open ended opportunity for independent date writing.

{Tip 1} These recording sheets could be used for monthly developmental growth assessment purposes. 

{Tip 2} I keep a copy of each student’s recording sheet in their file so I can easily flip through and see what skill needs to be targeted, as well as exactly where growth has taken place. 

{Tip 3} Add pages to student portfolios to show growth. It’s really amazing to see how quickly fine motor skills progress month to month. Parents love seeing this growth during conferences!

{Tip 4} I also like to show students their work from previous months! They enjoy seeing their own growth as much as I do. I wait to do this until after the current month is complete. My goal is not to remind them of needed improvement(s). It is simply to let them know I appreciate their hard work.

The basic, picture frame (aka: not as groovy) version of these recording sheets are included in my Student Portfolio Packets

Happy Teaching,
Heather Cacak
(Pre-K Teacher Heather)

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/GROOVY-CAT-Monthly-Self-Portrait-Handwriting-Assessment-Recording-Sheets-2076527

0 comments:

Post a Comment